Make a double batch of these Chipotle and Rosemary Spiced Nuts so you can save some for yourself and give the rest away as homemade food gifts!
If you are looking for an easy party snack or a holiday gift we have the perfect recipe for you.
These Chipotle and Rosemary Spiced Nuts are perfect for the holidays or any time of year. It's just an added bonus that they are a snap to make and freeze fabulously.
And the fact that your house smells amazing in the process is the icing on the cake.
What better way to get in the holiday spirit?
- pecans halves
- whole almonds
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- ground chipotle powder
- cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper
These Chipotle and Rosemary Roasted Nuts are a great addition to any holiday spread and make a perfectly thoughtful gift from something rather ordinary.
Roasting nuts is such a simple process that brings out the their best flavor.
Follow these easy steps to get perfectly spiced nuts at home every time:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss nuts in oil and seasoning.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a large sheet pan
- Stir once during cooking so nuts don't burn.
- Immediately remove the nuts from pan when you take them out of the oven and place them in a bowl to cool completely. If you don't, they will continue to roast from the residual heat of the pan and potentially burn or become darker in color than you want.
These smoky nuts get their distinctive taste from the ground chipotle powder in the recipe. But be careful: Don't substitute ground chipotle chili powder.
Ground chipotle chili powder is brown in color and gives these nuts their rich color and well as the smoky flavor. Ground Chipotle Chili powder is red in color and has additional spices, like paprika, cayenne, and oregano mixed with the ground chipotle powder.
You can use either but you will need to adjust the amount of salt you use if the nuts are already roasted and salted.
Once these tasty morsels are roasted, allow them to cool and then store them in an airtight container.
They will last for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator and for 6+ months in the freezer. They make a great last-minute hostess gift, party snack or crunchy salad topping.
Looking for more appetizers? Here are some of our favorites!
- We love everything about these Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites!
- There's a reason these Bacon Cream Cheese Bites are the number one appetizer on our site.
- Cheesy Chipotle Roll-Ups always disappear every time we make them!
- These Greek Salad Skewers come together in minutes making them perfect party food.
Chipotle and Rosemary Spiced Nuts
- 2 cups whole cashews
- 2 cups pecans halves
- 1 cups whole almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary divided
- 1 -2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder depending on how spicy you want them
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large jelly roll pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour nuts into large mixing bowl. Heat olive oil in small pan until just warm. Add 3 tablespoons rosemary and stir for one minute, or until oil is fragrant. Be careful not to let oil burn. Stir in chipotle powder, cumin, cayenne. Pour over nuts and stir well. Season with salt and pepper and stir well. (I added 2 teaspoons of salt, but use what suits your tastes.)
- Place nuts on prepared pan and roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle additional salt and remaining rosemary. Cool to room temperature.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
These Smoky Chipotle & Rosemary Spiced Nuts are super easy to make, freeze beautifully and make the best holiday party snack. Plus these irresistible, herb-toasted nuts are awesome homemade food gifts for friends, neighbors and teachers.