This Bourbon Pecan Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust is a fun twist on a favorite holiday pie recipe!
This Bourbon Pecan Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust is definitely not your typical pecan pie.
For starters, I crushed up chocolate wafers to make a cookie crust instead of your typical pastry crust. I also used dark brown sugar, which gives it the richer color you see in the pictures. (I’m coming clean here; the only reason I used dark brown sugar was because that’s all I had in the house. The moral of my story is you can use light or dark brown sugar and still get great results!) This pecan pie is also made without corn syrup because I didn’t want an overly sweet pie.
And, just because I could, I threw in a splash of bourbon. Chocolate, Pecans, Bourbon…what’s not to love?
The pie comes together rather quickly and can be made the day before if you’re looking to get ahead in your holiday baking. Toasting the pecans is not necessary, but I like the depth they bring the dessert. Not a bourbon fan?
When ready to serve, feel free to add a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top if you have a major sweet tooth.
Lastly, stretch pants are optional but highly recommended. 🙂
- 1 (9-ounce) package Nabisco Chocolate Cookie Wafers
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves (toasting optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cookie wafers in a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Melt 6 tablespoons butter and combine with cookie crumbs. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and water in a medium bowl. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter and add to egg mixture along with brown sugar, salt, bourbon and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place pecans in pie crust and pour custard mixture over the top of the nuts. Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce heat to 325 degrees. Continue to bake until the center of the pie is no longer wiggly, anywhere from 55-65 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g