Who doesn’t love a quick and easy appetizer? Check out this twist on the infamous 7-layer dip that often appears at parties and potlucks. Not only is this Layered Greek Dip healthier than that traditional taco dip, but it’s just as addictive. (I think I ate most of the dish the first time I made it!) The briny kalamata olives, juicy cucumbers, salty feta and garlicky hummus remind me of my favorite greek salad. Plus, it’s a breeze to throw together, is gorgeous on the eyes, and it can even be made hours in advance. Love. That.
Serve this dip with homemade toasted pitas or tear open a bag of pita chips from the store. Then sit back and dip to your heart’s content. But watch yourself; the chip-dip-eat motion is habit-forming.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- Pita chips
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and garlic in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a serving dish. Spread the hummus on top of the cream cheese mixture then top with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours. Serve with pita chips.