Looking for a substantial salad for a BBQ? This easy Antipasto Salad is packed with meat and veggies and fits the bill perfectly!
In a hurry and missing an ingredient? Get our free Ingredient Substitution Cheat Sheet.
I can never have too many salad recipes in my files for the summer. They are easy to make ahead of time and keep me out of the kitchen at dinner. Win-win, right? And this Antipasto Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette is no exception. Packed with meat and veggies, and dressed in a tasty red wine vinaigrette; this salad is substantial enough for a light meal on its own or a great addition to a summer BBQ. After all, who doesn’t need a go to vinaigrette in their back pocket for easy summertime meals?
I took a little different twist when creating this salad because I know my daughter. You see, Greta eats salads, but doesn’t love them. So for her, I made this Antipasto Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette. It has all of the good things that she loves, like pepperoni, tomatoes, olives, salami, and artichoke hearts. Well, ok, the artichoke hearts might be a stretch, but she happily eats them when they are coated with this delicious Red Wine Vinaigrette. And I still served it over a bed of Romaine lettuce, so I know she’s getting her greens, too.
- ¼ cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup bottled roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1½ cups canned, chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup Genoa salami, cut in matchsticks
- ¼ Cup pepperoni, cut in matchsticks
- ½ cup Provolone cheese, cut in matchsticks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Romaine leaves for serving
- Place the vinegar, oregano, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir together. Gradually add the olive oil and whisk to thoroughly combine. Set aside until needed. (You will have extra.)
- Make sure that the roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives are well-drained. Place them in a large bowl. Add the red onion, meats, cheese and tomatoes, Stir gently to combine. Add ¼ cup Red Wine Vinaigrette and coat the antipasto salad. If needed, add more dressing to get to desired taste.
- Serve over a bed of romaine leaves.