This post brought to you by Pompeian. All opinions are 100% mine.
May is kind of the gateway to summer, don’t you think? Once we hit Memorial Day, it’s a leisurely slide into the lazy days of summer. Did you know that May is also National Salad Month and National Vinegar Month? After enduring the Polar Vortex for the last 6 months, we are eager to welcome summer and all of the delicious salads that go with it, so when Pompeian asked us to participate in their #DressingItUp campaign, we jumped at the opportunity. After all, who doesn’t need a go to vinaigrette in their back pocket for easy summertime meals?
I took a little different twist when creating this salad because I know my daughter. You see, Greta eats salads, but doesn’t love them. So for her, I made this Antipasto Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette. It has all of the good things that she loves, like pepperoni, tomatoes, olives, salami, and artichoke hearts. Well, ok, the artichoke hearts might be a stretch, but she happily eats them when they are coated with this delicious Red Wine Vinaigrette. And I still served it over a bed of Romaine lettuce, so I know she’s getting her greens, too.
Looking for more salad recipes? For additional recipe ideas, you can visit the Pompeian website. They have some delicious-looking ways to use their best-selling Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar and other vinegars and oils in all of your summer salads.
- ¼ cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup bottled roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1½ cups canned, chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup Genoa salami, cut in matchsticks
- ¼ Cup pepperoni, cut in matchsticks
- ½ cup Provolone cheese, cut in matchsticks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Romaine leaves for serving
- Place the vinegar, oregano, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir together. Gradually add the olive oil and whisk to thoroughly combine. Set aside until needed. (You will have extra.)
- Make sure that the roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives are well-drained. Place them in a large bowl. Add the red onion, meats, cheese and tomatoes, Stir gently to combine. Add ¼ cup Red Wine Vinaigrette and coat the antipasto salad. If needed, add more dressing to get to desired taste.
- Serve over a bed of romaine leaves.
Pompeian on Twitter
Pompeian on Pinterest
Pompeian on Instagram