With all of the taste of pecan pie in bite-size form, these Pecan Tarts will be your new go-to holiday party sweet.
Welcome to party season!
We always host a cocktail party to kick off the holiday season, and it’s one of my favorite nights of the year. I get to catch up with friends and family I haven’t seen in a long time and the night is always filled with good food and lots of laughs.
But with so many things on my party prep to-do list, I’m always tempted to buy dessert for the buffet table. One less thing to do, right?
Thank goodness I make these irresistible mini Pecan Tarts instead.
Be warned; these little Pecan Tarts are addicting, and since they are bite-size you can pop them like potato chips. Each bite is filled with rich caramel, crunchy pecans and flaky pastry. And a double dose of our favorite Kerrygold butter in both the pastry and the filling only adds to their decadent flavor.
Start your holiday baking early this year with a batch of these Pecan Tarts. One more thing crossed off my to-do list weeks ahead of time!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Kerrygold. We only share products with you that we personally use and love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Garnish with Lemon possible.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 T melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate chips for drizzle (optional)
- To make pastry: Cream butter and cream cheese. Add flour and mix well. Form into a ball and chill dough for 1 hour. Cut ball into 4 equal pieces and then cut each piece into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into ball and use your thumb to press into mini muffin pan.
- Put the prepared crusts in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the crusts are baking, prepare the filling.
- To make the filling: Put eggs, sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla, and pecans in a bowl and mix well.
- Fill each pastry with 1-2 teaspoons of filling.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool tarts completely in pan and use a spoon for each removal