Brighten up your dessert table with the tangy flavors in this Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe! One bite of this mouthwatering dessert will have everyone begging for the recipe.
The best desserts are sometimes the simplest and this Easy Key Lime Pie recipe definitely fits in that category. It's bright, tangy flavor is a perfect ending to any meal and tastes great any time of year!
One bite of this and you will see why this pie is my go-to dessert.
The fact that it's made with pantry staples, is free of most allergens and comes together quickly just seals the deal.
Now if that hasn't convinced you to make it, I don't know what will.
This post is also available as a Web Story.
Don't let the fact that this is a pie scare you away! The beauty of this easy recipe is the short ingredient list.
- graham cracker crust -you can make your own or buy one that is ready to go! Either way it will be delicious!
- key lime juice- one of our favorite short cuts is to use Nellie's Key Lime Juice. No one will know you didn't squeeze your own!
- sour cream- full fat is best, don't try and swap in light sour cream for this recipe.
BOOM. That's it!
Some of my favorite recipes only use a handful of ingredients and this pie has long been one of my go-to sweet treats.
You won't believe how quickly this recipe comes together. It is out of the oven by the time the dishes are done!
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350. Get your graham cracker crust (either purchased or make your own) and set aside
- Place sweetened condensed milk and sour cream in a large bowl, whisk until combined.
- Add key lime juice and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Zest lime and add to filling. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake for 8 minutes and cool before eating. Chill for at least 2 hours.
The key lime is smaller and seedier than that of the regular lime that is found in the grocery store. Plus it's higher in acidity giving this luscious pie its distinct flavor. Each bite of this Easy Key Lime Pie has just enough tang to make your lips pucker and make you immediately dive in for more.
Even though there aren't any eggs in this pie, you still need to give it a quick spin in the oven. But only for 5-6 minutes or until you see tiny pinholes in the top of the pie.
By the time I have the bowl cleaned up from mixing the batter, the pie is ready to come out of the oven.
It's easy to make it GF if needed! Simply use gluten-free graham crackers to make the crust, Pamela's is one of my favorites!
Want to save this recipe for later? PIN IT here!
More Dessert Recipes
- No need to turn the oven on to get these family favorite No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars.
- Key Lime Pie Cookies taste like a pie in cookie form!
- Swirls of lemon curd make these gorgeous Lemon Cheesecake Bars irresistible.
- Who can say no to the flavor combination of these Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars?
Check out all of our dessert recipes!
Easy Key Lime Pie
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind in a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Looking for an authentic Key Lime Pie recipe that comes together in minutes? We haven't met anyone who hasn't fallen in love with this crowd pleasing dessert.
My favorite go to desert! Always receive compliments with this one. Thanks a bunch!!
Sheryl Hiller says
Easy, delicious and fool-proof. Tastes like it was difficult to make, but could not have been easier. Took 10 minutes in my oven