Every day can be a fiesta with these fresh, flavorful Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas!
Since every good Cinco de Mayo party starts with tequila (May I suggest a Golden Margarita? Or maybe this Raspberry Paloma is more your speed?), I thought I’d carry that theme through the whole meal with these Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas. Can you ever have too much tequila? (Don’t answer that. Just pass the Advil.)
Fajitas are a total crowd pleaser, and I love how simple this Tequila Lime version is to make. Dump a handful of flavorful ingredients in the blender (think fresh cilantro, tart lime juice, spicy jalapeño and, of course, tequila), blend until smooth, and then let your chicken bathe in this tasty marinade all day. Assemble a few different fajita toppings, like sour cream, lime wedges and avocado, and warm the tortillas. A quick spin on the grill is all you need to cook the chicken and veggies. Then let the Fajita Fest begin!
I grilled my veggies in a grill pan, but you can easily sauté them on the stovetop if you prefer. Technique isn’t important. I’m pretty sure the only thing that matters here is making sure you get enough before they’re gone. Maybe we should start a new series of holidays so we can enjoy Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas more often.
Cinco de Abril, anyone??
Love this recipe? Just click the button in the recipe card below, and it will be automatically saved in your ZipList Personal Recipe Box along with all of your other favorites. Plan your meals and create grocery lists all in one place!
- ½ cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into sections
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Avocado slices or guacamole (optional)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender and mix until throughly combined. Add chicken to a large ziploc bag and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from Ziploc bag and discard remaining marinade. Toss bell peppers and onion with a small amount of canola oil. Add your desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through and grill peppers and onions until they are crisp-tender.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes then cut into strips. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve with optional sour cream and avocado slices or guacamole.