The holidays have arrived. Halloween is over and the social season is gearing up. Shopping, school programs, holiday cards, decorating, and cocktail parties. Just when you didn’t think it was possible, life just got busier.
There will be many times over the next few months when you need to bring a dish to share at a party. It’s fun to do, but sometimes it creeps up on you. Suddenly it’s party day and you totally forgot. Or you had planned on making this great dessert, but didn’t have time. Or you are so tired, you don’t feel like making anything. You ask yourself if anyone will notice if you picked something up at the store and put it on your own plate. (Trust me, we have all done it and and it’s ok!) Let your stress melt away because the answer is here: the chocolate chip cheese ball.
What? A chocolate chip cheese ball? Seriously? Seriously. I wouldn’t kid you, this dessert will make you the hit of the party. It tastes like a fluffy cheesecake filled with mini chocolate chips, coated with chopped pecans, and you use a chocolate cookie to scoop up all the goodness. Can it get any better? Nope.
Friends will smile when they see you walk in with it. Your family will ask for it by name. Because it is just that good. And that easy. And you probably have everything you need to make it in your kitchen. If you don’t now, you will soon. Trust me.
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ c. butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ t. vanilla
- 2T. Brown sugar
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- chocolate cookies for dipping (I use the Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies)
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add sugars and beat until just combined. Stir in chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape into a ball on Saran wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll in chopped pecans just before serving.