Fresh herbs add bright flavor to these quick and easy Herbed Grilled Potatoes in Foil - the perfect BBQ side dish for anything you put on the grill.
Long, lazy summer nights are made for BBQs, and these Herbed Grilled Potatoes in Foil are a must have for any seasonal grill out. Quick, easy and simple to customize, these foil potato packets will become your go-to side dish for backyard entertaining.
No one wants to be tied up in the kitchen when you are entertaining, which is what makes these Herbed Grilled Potatoes in Foil so great for groups. Simply make a couple large foil packets for the grill or spoil your guests and serve everyone an individual potato packet. You can even prep the potatoes ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to grill them. Plus this recipe earns extra bonus points for not having to turn on the oven or dirty an extra pan. (That’s my type of recipe!)
What kind of herbs can I use in this foil potato packet recipe?
The sky is the limit! I used a combination of parsley and rosemary in my recipe, but feel free to swap in whatever you have available. Oregano, thyme and even sage would be equally delicious.
Why use butter and oil in this grilled potatoes in foil recipe?
The combination of oil and butter allows the potatoes to be roasted at a higher heat than if you simply used all butter because the smoking point of oil is higher than butter. But don’t forgo the butter entirely! It adds a delicious, rich flavor to every bite, especially when you use my favorite grass-fed Kerrygold Salted Butter.
Do I have to parboil my potatoes before grilling?
No, you don’t, but I find that parboiling (or partially cooking) your potatoes before grilling them in foil packets will help them cook faster and brown more evenly. And everyone knows that people love those gorgeous, crispy brown potato bits the best!
More Potato Recipes
- Grilled German Potato Salad with Sausage - Garnish with Lemon®
- Loaded Grilled Baked Potato - Belly Full
- Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions - Garnish with Lemon®
- Grilled French Fries - A Mindfull Mom
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes - Garnish with Lemon®
Herbed Grilled Potatoes in Foil
- 1 pound baby potatoes red and/or yellow, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold Salted Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes and water in microwaveable bowl. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are just fork tender but not falling apart. Drain.
- Stir together butter, oil, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Toss potatoes with herbed butter mixture.
- Place two pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil on top of each other. Pour the potato mixture onto foil. Fold and seal edges to form a packet. Grill for 30-35 minutes, turning every 8 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Kerrygold. We only share products with you that we personally use and love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Garnish with Lemon possible.
Rate the Recipe, Leave a Comment or Share a Tip!