Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce is one of our first recipes on Garnish with Lemon – and it’s still one of the most popular to date. Come see why so many people love this quick and easy dinner!
This recipe is flexible: throw the chicken on the grill, sear it on the stovetop, or bake it in the oven. The sauce comes together pretty quickly, but you can always make it in advance and reheat at mealtime. My family loves to eat this dish with couscous to soak up the savory sauce, but feel free to improvise with what you have in your pantry. Add a veggie of choice and, voila, dinner is served.
Yes, you guys love Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce, but we’ve noticed that you also have a few other favorites. Don’t miss three more of our most popular posts on Garnish with Lemon!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan when hot. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for one minute. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chives and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 5-7 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.