You can never go wrong with recipes that take little prep and feed a crowd. This Easy Pulled Pork Recipe is one of our family favorites.
My husband and I having a running joke in our house about liquid smoke. Have you ever cooked with it?
I have been using it for years and love to use it in the slow cooker and always add it to baked beans. He laughs and wonders why I just can’t leave things as they are, but personally I think liquid smoke takes the flavors to the next level.
Especially in this Easy Pulled Pork Recipe. You will be hard pressed to find a recipe that is as easy, can feed a crowd, and - best of all - is made in the slow cooker. With just 3 ingredients. Yes, you read that right, 3 ingredients.
This recipe is one that I have been making for years. A good friend of mine got it from her sister-in-law who got it from I don’t know who. That kind of recipe.
And I have made it for parties, for families after the birth of a baby, and meals for friends that just need a pick me up. And what’s even better? You can make a huge batch and freeze what is left over.
Pretty much a no-brainer trifecta for me.
The list is short and sweet.
1.BBQ Sauce: Now isn’t the time to skimp with the barbecue sauce that is on sale. Use your favorite, and if you don’t have a favorite, use mine. I love Stubb's BBQ Sauce. It is hands down my favorite barbecue sauce.
2. Liquid Smoke:The smokey mesquite flavors ring through, especially with the addition of the barbecue sauce.
3. Pork: Use a pork butt or shoulder, whatever is on sale at the store. Just make sure its a good piece of meat.
But as with all recipes where the ingredient list is short, it is important to use high-quality ingredients; you will definitely taste a difference.
No more worries about what to make for your next tailgating party or even for dinner one night this week. Or both.
Trust me; this easy, flavorful dinner will make it into your regular rotation as quickly as it did mine.
Check out some of our other favorite ways to eat pork!
- BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos- Garnish with Lemon®
- Grilled Pulled Pork Pizza- A Mindfull Mom
- Pulled Pork Huevos Rancheros- Foodie with Family
Easy Pulled Pork Recipe
- 4-5 pounds pork butt or shoulder
- 2 ½ - 3 ounces liquid smoke
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Place pork and liquid smoke in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours or until pork shreds easily.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, cut off fat and shred with two forks. Pour off all liquid from meat except for ¼ cup.
- Return shredded pork to slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce to taste and stir.
- Heat on low until sauce is warm and ready to serve.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.