You can never go wrong with recipes that take little prep and feed a crowd. This Easy Pulled Pork Recipe is one of our family favorites.
My husband and I having a running joke in our house about liquid smoke. Have you ever cooked with it?
I have been using it for years and love to use it in the slow cooker and always add it to baked beans. He laughs and wonders why I just can’t leave things as they are, but personally I think liquid smoke takes the flavors to the next level.
Especially in this Easy Pulled Pork Recipe. You will be hard pressed to find a recipe that is as easy, can feed a crowd, and – best of all – is made in the slow cooker. With just 3 ingredients. Yes, you read that right, 3 ingredients.
This recipe is one that I have been making for years. A good friend of mine got it from her sister-in-law who got it from I don’t know who. That kind of recipe.
And I have made it for parties, for families after the birth of a baby, and meals for friends that just need a pick me up. And what’s even better? You can make a huge batch and freeze what is left over.
Pretty much a no-brainer trifecta for me.
What ingredients do I need to make this Easy Pulled Pork Recipe?
Short answer? Not many.
1.BBQ Sauce: Now isn’t the time to skimp with the barbecue sauce that is on sale. Use your favorite, and if you don’t have a favorite, use mine. I love Stubb’s BBQ Sauce. It is hands down my favorite barbecue sauce.
2. Liquid Smoke:The smokey mesquite flavors ring through, especially with the addition of the barbecue sauce.
3. Pork: Use a pork butt or shoulder, whatever is on sale at the store. Just make sure its a good piece of meat.
But as with all recipes where the ingredient list is short, it is important to use high-quality ingredients; you will definitely taste a difference.
No more worries about what to make for your next tailgating party or even for dinner one night this week. Or both.
Trust me; this easy, flavorful dinner will make it into your regular rotation as quickly as it did mine.
Check out some of our other favorite ways to eat pork!
BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos– Garnish with Lemon®
Grilled Pulled Pork Pizza– A Mindfull Mom
Curried Pork Empanadas– Garnish with Lemon®
Pulled Pork Huevos Rancheros– Foodie with Family
Pork Tenderloin Lettuce Wraps– Garnish with Lemon®
- 4-5 pounds pork butt or shoulder
- 2 1/2 - 3 ounces liquid smoke
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Place pork and liquid smoke in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours or until pork shreds easily.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, cut off fat and shred with two forks. Pour off all liquid from meat except for 1/4-1/2 cup.
- Return shredded pork to slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce to taste and stir.
- Heat on low until sauce is warm and ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 44g