There is one item that is rarely on my grocery list anymore: vinaigrette. It is the easiest thing to whip up and takes just as long as shaking up a bottle of the pre-made stuff. Well, almost, but you get my point. I was reading my Cooking Light magazine a few weeks ago looking for new dinner inspiration and saw this Dijon Vinaigrette buried in the side bar. Once again I was reminded that sometimes the best recipes – the keepers, the ones you will make again and again – aren’t the cover photos. They are the little teeny tiny recipes that many people skip. This Dijon Vinaigrette is one of those. It is deliciously simple with just a few ingredients. But the star is the Dijon mustard. When you have a recipe with so few ingredients, it is vital to use the best you can find because you taste every. single. one.
Speaking of great quality, have you ever tried Maille® mustard? Their Old Style Whole Grain Dijon Mustard is a match made in heaven for this vinaigrette. It’s filled with crunchy mustard grains and has a robust, moderately spicy flavor. The whole grains have just the right texture to give this Dijon Vinaigrette a little crunch and make each bite flavorful. Add some oil, vinegar and seasonings, and you have a versatile vinaigrette that can make any salad shine.
Our friends at Maille® have put together a giveaway so you can try their top quality products for yourself. Here is what is included in the package:
- A sampling of seven different Maille® products (Originale, Old Style, Honey Dijon, Horseradish, Rich Country, Dijonnaise and Cornichons)
- A Maille® black and gold apron
- A Maille® black and gold kitchen mitt
Simply leave a comment below telling us your favorite way to use mustard when you are cooking. Optional bonus entries are also available. Good luck! (This giveaway is closed.)
Disclosure: Maille® sent us products to sample. All opinions are our own.
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Maille© Old Style Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Put all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Refrigerate until needed.