There is one item that is rarely on my grocery list anymore: vinaigrette. It is the easiest thing to whip up and takes just as long as shaking up a bottle of the pre-made stuff. Well, almost, but you get my point. I was reading my Cooking Light magazine a few weeks ago looking for new dinner inspiration and saw this Dijon Vinaigrette buried in the side bar. Once again I was reminded that sometimes the best recipes – the keepers, the ones you will make again and again – aren’t the cover photos. They are the little teeny tiny recipes that many people skip. This Dijon Vinaigrette is one of those. It is deliciously simple with just a few ingredients. But the star is the Dijon mustard. When you have a recipe with so few ingredients, it is vital to use the best you can find because you taste every. single. one.
Speaking of great quality, have you ever tried Maille® mustard? Their Old Style Whole Grain Dijon Mustard is a match made in heaven for this vinaigrette. It’s filled with crunchy mustard grains and has a robust, moderately spicy flavor. The whole grains have just the right texture to give this Dijon Vinaigrette a little crunch and make each bite flavorful. Add some oil, vinegar and seasonings, and you have a versatile vinaigrette that can make any salad shine.
Our friends at Maille® have put together a giveaway so you can try their top quality products for yourself. Here is what is included in the package:
- A sampling of seven different Maille® products (Originale, Old Style, Honey Dijon, Horseradish, Rich Country, Dijonnaise and Cornichons)
- A Maille® black and gold apron
- A Maille® black and gold kitchen mitt
Simply leave a comment below telling us your favorite way to use mustard when you are cooking. Optional bonus entries are also available. Good luck!
Disclosure: Maille® sent us products to sample. All opinions are our own.
Love this recipe? Just click the button in the recipe card below, and it will be automatically saved in your ZipList Personal Recipe Box along with all of your other favorites. Plan your meals and create grocery lists all in one place!
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Maille© Old Style Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Put all ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Refrigerate until needed.