Get creative with your tailgating menu. Serve these Easy Grilled Chicken Gyros and be the hottest tailgate at the stadium!
Truth: I love college football. And I love the food that goes with it even more. That’s why I stepped out of the traditional tailgating menu box and created these Easy Grilled Chicken Gyros. Not only are they easy to pull together, but the taste is crazy good and you can never go wrong with a gyro packed with flavor.
Best Chicken to Use
The first step is to start with quality chicken breasts. We love Gold’n Plump® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts because they are raised on family farms right here in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Gold'n Plump chicken products have no added hormones, no artificial ingredients, no preservatives and are hand-trimmed and ready-to-use straight from the package.
Quality and convenience are always a win in my book.
Grilling is always a great way to prepare chicken, especially at a tailgate. This light and easy marinade packs the chicken with flavor and makes it the star of these gyros.
Marinate anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours, but just know the longer it hangs out in the marinade, the juicer the chicken is!
Don’t have a grill? A grill pan is an easy substitution to get the job done on the stovetop.
How to assemble
Assembly is a snap and the sky is the limit with how to put these beauties together. We started with some flatbreads and topped the chicken with tzatziki sauce, diced red onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
Our favorite thing about these gyros? Your guests can do the assembly on their own. It’s a win-win. They get to top their gyros how they want, and you can enjoy the pregame party. Easy entertaining at its best.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Gold’n Plump®. We only share products with you that we personally use and love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Garnish with Lemon possible.
Easy Grilled Chicken Gyros
- Ingredients for the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients for the gyros:
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chopped Tomato
- Chopped Red Onion
- Chopped Cucumber
- Tzatziki Sauce
To make the marinade:
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine
- Add 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts to marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min-24 hours.
To cook the chicken:
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray so chicken doesn’t stick to grates.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 5-7 minutes a side or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken breasts from grill and cover with foil for 10 minutes to let juices redistribute.
- Slice chicken into strips and serve with gyros toppings.
To assemble the gyros:
- On top of flatbread, spread desired amount of tzatziki sauce and top with grilled chicken slices. Add desired amount of diced tomatoes, red onion and chopped cucumber on top. Roll and serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Hi Do you think the chicken could be frozen in the marinade? Want to make ahead to take camping. Thank you.
Hi Sherry, Yes! You can freeze the chicken in the marinade, that will work great! Have fun camping!