Don’t let zucchini season pass you by without making this irresistible Zucchini Bread with Craisins and Vanilla Bean Glaze.
Zucchini Bread with Craisins and Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 11/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed to remove most of moisture
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half and seeds scraped
To make the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the inside of a loaf pan.
- Whisk the first seven ingredients (flour through nutmeg) together in a large bowl. Stir in the craisins.
- In another bowl, stir together the butter, eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir in the zucchini.
- Gently fold together the wet and dry mixtures until they are just combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack then remove from pan to cool completely.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the zucchini bread and let set for 30 minutes.
You may need to add more or less milk to get the glaze the consistency you want. Start slowly and add more as needed.