Looking for a flavor-packed side dish that is good any time of year? Your search is over with this Easy Greek Pasta Salad recipe. It's filled with flavor and easy to tailor to your own tastes. And the fact that it can be make ahead of time is the icing on the cake!
Does anyone else love pasta salads as much as I do?
This make-ahead Greek Pasta Salad recipe is one of our all time faovrite side dishes. It's easy to make, filled with flavor and goes with pretty much any main dish.
But the tangy dressing made with capers and sun-dried tomatoes is the what really sets it apart from any other salad. And because there isn't any mayo, it is great for any picnic or gathering.
Not to mention, the leftovers make a fabulous lunch. So go ahead and make a big batch and eat it all week long. You can thank me later.
- spiral pasta
- grape tomatoes
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh basil
But the dressing is really what sets this pasta salad apart from all of the others.
- sun-dried tomatoes
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- garlic clove
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Place the tomatoes, capers, garlic and vinegar in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and basil and toss well.
You can easily make it a day ahead of time but wait to add the fresh basil. Be sure to give it a good stir to coat the pasta again before serving.
Feta not your thing? We love to use fresh mozzarella in this salad too to change things up.
You can use whatever pasta you like, but make sure it has ridges on it to catch the sauce and don't over cook the pasta. No one likes a mushy pasta salad.
Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Side dishes are what make the meal, right? Check out our other easy recipes.
- You won't believe the flavor that is packed in this Tomato, Mozzarella and Grilled Corn Salad!
- An Easy Antipasto Salad makes a fabulous appetizer for any gathering.
- Jazz up your fruit with an easy Fruit Salad with Mint.
- Looking for something gluten-free? This Tomato, Feta and Vidalia Onion Salad is one of our summer favorites.
- This sweet and salty Watermelon Feta Salad always disappears!
Greek Pasta Salad
- ½ pound spiral pasta cooked al dente
- 1 pound grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and diced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup basil julienned
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 3 teaspoon capers drained
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To make the Pasta Salad:
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly. Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
To make the Dressing:
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, and pepper and pulse until almost smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and basil and toss well. Stir gently before serving.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
This Greek Pasta Salad filled with tomatoes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and parmesan cheese is tossed in a tangy caper dressing! It's always one of the first salads to disappear any time we serve it!