No summer picnic is complete without a pasta salad. This crowd-pleasing Tomato Feta Pasta Salad is packed with sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and kalamata olives in every spoonful.
Does anyone else love pasta salads as much as I do? They are really one of the perfect side dishes for summer. Especially when they don’t have mayo in them. The dressing on this Tomato Feta Pasta Salad is really what gives it an edge. Whirl some capers, garlic, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes and red wine vinegar in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and taste how this dressing rocks the pasta. It’s a major big step up from just an oil and vinegar combo but equally as easy, tangy and full of deliciousness. YUM!
The rest of the recipe is really easy to tailor to your individual tastebuds. My family loves anything with sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and feta cheese, but throw in whatever you love. It’s best when made ahead of time as the ingredients get the opportunity to meld together and bring out the best flavor. I’m salivating already. Is it lunchtime yet?
Do you have any pasta salads that make you the star of the party? Share your favorites!
- 1/2 pound spiral pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 3 teaspoon capers, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To make the Pasta Salad:
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly. Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
To make the Dressing:
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, and pepper and pulse until almost smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and basil and toss well. Stir gently before serving.