This Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwich with Balsamic Drizzle is one of my favorite easy meals when tomatoes are in season.
Contrary to popular belief, food bloggers don’t always eat well. Although our blogs may show gorgeous pictures of mouthwatering dishes, the truth (at least around here) is that we sometimes skip meals. Or eat straight out of the pantry or fridge…or cereal box. Sometimes the thought of making a meal for ourselves is just too much to deal with after hours of food-related blog work. But this Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwich with Balsamic Drizzle is one of my favorite fall-back meals during the summer. It uses only a few ingredients and doesn’t take more than a few minutes to throw together. Totally my kind of low-maintenance meal. Everyone is always looking for more uses for tomatoes when the bumper crop arrives. You see a lot of recipes that pair tomatoes with basil and balsamic vinegar, as this recipe does, but I love how the tangy goat cheese keeps this sandwich a bit unexpected but completely approachable. This Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwich with Balsamic Drizzle is a fantastic use for all of those big, juicy slicing tomatoes that populate the garden and farmer’s market. From toaster to table, it will take you less than 5 minutes to enjoy a fresh, seasonal sandwich. Hard to complain about that effort!
Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwich with Balsamic Drizzle
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 thick tomato slices
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons softened goat cheese
- Toast bread and rub warm slices with garlic clove. Discard clove.
- Combine vinegar and oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer tomato slices on one piece of bread. Drizzle tomatoes with balsamic mixture. Top with fresh basil. Spread goat cheese on other piece of bread and combine bread slices together for sandwich.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 276kcal Calories from fat 93|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|