It’s Girl Scout cookie season! Make it last all year and buy a few extra boxes to make these Tagalong Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting.
The Girl Scouts have a pretty good gig. They sell these irresistible cookies for a certain period of time each year and people to spend hundreds a lot of money on these cookies. I buy waaaay more than I would of any other product because they are only sold for a short time. So far this year I have already purchased 14 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. And that was in the first 5 days that they were on sale. (Wow, that sounds a lot worse in print!) Thank goodness my neighbor is a Girl Scout AND her mom, Shannon, is the cookie chair. All I need to do is text Shannon, and cookies are delivered to my door. Heaven on Earth.
And tell me I’m not the only one who can eat the whole box in one sitting? A sleeve of Thin Mints is gone before I realize it. And my favorite cookie, Tagalongs? I need to open them when others are around. Enough said. They go VERY quickly. So in an effort to make my Tagalongs last a little longer, I got creative in the kitchen and put them in some brownie bites. I think these Tagalong Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting might be my best decision this week.
Tagalong cookies are the perfect addition to the chewy brownie. Crunchy cookies, chewy brownies and peanut butter. Life is good. And because there is no such thing as too much peanut butter, I topped them with peanut butter frosting. Bite sized portions mean that they bake quickly and I’m forced to share – win-win all around.
Buy a few extra boxes this year and hide them in your freezer. Your family will love you even more when you bake these Tagalong Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting long after cookie season has ended.
Tagalong Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped Tagalong cookies
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons heavy cream
To make the brownie bites:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat chocolate and butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring after each one, being careful not to burn chocolate. Remove from microwave and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add cooled chocolate mixture and stir in sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well to incorporate after each one. Add vanilla and stir. Add flour and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Fold in chopped cookies.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place brownie batter in prepared pans. Bake for 13 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
To make the frosting:
- Place butter and peanut butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fully combined, about 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat well. Add cream a tablespoon at a time to get to desired consistency.
- Place in piping bag and frost brownies with desired amount.