Grilling season has finally arrived! Celebrate the start of summer with this recipe for mouthwatering Sweet & Spicy Hawaiian Burgers.
Can you ever have enough burger recipes, especially in the summer? We’re adding to our burger arsenal today just in time for Memorial Day cookouts. These Sweet & Spicy Hawaiian Burgers are sure to be the star of your next BBQ.
What exactly are Hawaiian Burgers?
How to grill pineapple rings
Looking for more burger love? We’ve got some delicious burger recipes for all of your summer grilling!
Grilled Turkey Burgers with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese – Garnish with Lemon®
Blackened Fish Burger with Sriracha Mayo – Oh, Sweet Basil
Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce – Garnish with Lemon®
Triple Pork Burgers – Taste and Tell
Guinness Burgers with Irish Cheddar and Bacon – Garnish with Lemon®
- 2 pounds ground beef, divided into 6 (1/3-pound) patties
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Red onion slices (raw or grilled - your preference)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices grilled pineapple
- 6 slices peppered bacon, cooked and halved
- 6 Brioche buns
Garlic teriyaki sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste or finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
To make the burgers:
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Season beef patties with salt and pepper. Lightly grease grill rack and cook burgers 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 3 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Place cheese slice on each patty and cook for another 30-45 seconds or until almost melted. Remove patties from grill.
- Slather garlic teriyaki sauce on bun bottom. Layer bun with lettuce leaf, red onion, burger, bacon and pineapple slice.
To make the sauce:
- Stir together all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Never grilled pineapple before? It's easy! Evenly slice pineapple into rings. Lightly grease grill grates and cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 646 Total Fat: 26g Carbohydrates: 82g Protein: 24g