Summer nights don’t get much better than dining al fresco with a make-ahead Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad with Shrimp and a cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Make ahead dinners are a must for me in the summer. The last thing I want to do after a busy day is to worry about what’s for dinner when I could be on the deck with a cocktail instead. This Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad with Shrimp fits the bill perfectly and has quickly become a family favorite.
What’s great about this salad is you can make it ahead of time and serve it cold or at room temperature. How’s that for versatility? Filled with peanuts, soy sauce, peanut butter, and fresh veggies, it’s a satisfying meal that is ideal for hot summer nights. And when you live in Minnesota
Not a fan of shrimp? Grilled chicken is a great substiution! Need a meatless meal? It’s just as tasty without the shrimp!
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup- 1/3 cup of water
- 8 ounces rice noodles cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 cups snow pea pods, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 ounces small cooked shrimp
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Place all ingredients for peanut sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside. Add more water if necessary to get to desired consistency.
- Cook rice noodles al dente according to package directions and rinse with cold water. Add to large bowl and toss with olive oil so noodles don't stick to each other.
- Add snow pea pods, carrots, green onions, shrimp and peanuts to noodles and stir in desired amount of peanut sauce. Add cilantro and mix well. Serve cold or at room temperature.
I save a couple tablespoons of the peanut sauce and add it right before serving.
Serving Size:6 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 1344mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 15g Protein: 26g