Looking for a new appetizer to bring to a party? These Sweet and Spicy Chicken Bacon Wraps will disappear in a flash.
Appetizer season is here in full swing and these Sweet and Spicy Chicken Bacon Wraps are just what any party needs to be complete. They are so easy to make and addictive to eat, I know they will be your new go-to dish to share. But they almost didn’t happen…
Do you ever save recipes to try and never get to them? This hidden gem has been sitting in my recipe files for several years before I finally made it. It was one that always made the cut to save, but I hadn’t actually made it. Boy, am I glad that changed, because I just found my new party food favorite!
Sweet and spicy is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and this Sweet and Spicy Chicken Bacon Wrap recipe makes it easy to adjust the heat to taste. Like a lot of heat? Up the cayenne. Like a subtle heat? Add just a little. Just want the smoky flavor without any heat? Omit the cayenne all together and let the chili powder works its magic with the brown sugar.
This 5 ingredient appetizer recipe checks a lot of boxes for me: easy to make, prepped ahead of time, packed with flavor, individual servings and bacon. Is this last one a box? Yes, because bacon does make people happy, especially when it’s in this sweet and spicy combination. I guess I can only speak for my friends, but if bacon doesn’t make your friends happy, maybe you need to find some new friends. Or just eat all of them yourself.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bacon Wraps
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts), cut into one inch cubes
- 1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon, cut into thirds
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, chili powder and amount of cayenne desired. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Dredge wrapped chicken in spice mixture. Place chicken wrap on wire rack placed on a jelly roll or broiler pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Serve immediately.