Serving pizza for the big game? Put a flavorful new spin on a classic party food with these BBQ Chorizo Pizza Pinwheels.
Pizza is always a crowd pleaser whenever you need to feed a group. Whether you order delivery or make your own from scratch, there are rarely leftovers. But even the pizza die-hards can get tired of the same old, same old every time you get together. Which is why these BBQ Chorizo Pizza Pinwheels are a flavorful way to entice those pizza lovers with tasty new flavors.
These BBQ Chorizo Pizza Pinwheels deliver much bigger flavor than their short, 6-ingredient list suggests. The secret to this winning flavor combination? The sauce. On top of being all natural (meaning no artificial preservatives or colors), the rich flavors of molasses and brown sugar in the Stubb’s Sticky Sweet Bar-B-Q Sauce are the perfect partner for the spicy chorizo, buttery Monterey Jack and mild green onions.
Enjoy this pizza pinwheels recipe as a warm appetizer when entertaining or double the recipe and gobble up the entire lot for dinner. However you eat them, your pizza addiction just got more flavorful with these BBQ Chorizo Pizza Pinwheels.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Stubb’s Bar-B-Q. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the companies that allow us to develop unique content for you.
Stubb's Sticky Sweet BBQ Chorizo Pinwheels
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2/3 cup Stubb's Sticky Sweet Bar-B-Q Sauce, plus more for dipping
- 2/3 cup cooked chorizo, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of parchment on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out pizza dough to about size of the sheet pan. Evenly brush sauce over dough with a pastry brush . Sprinkle dough with chorizo, cheese, green onions and cilantro. Starting with the longest end, roll up dough as tightly as you can. Using a sharp serrated knife , cut log into 1/2” pieces.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until starting to brown. Sprinkle with additional green onions and cilantro and serve with more Stubb’s Sticky Sweet Bar-B-Q Sauce for dipping.