It’s official. School is out. We’re celebrating our first day of summer vacation with a family favorite: Sriracha Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese.
There isn’t much that my family won’t eat when it is drenched in buffalo sauce, so I knew that the latest addition to Stubb’s Bar-B-Q arsenal, Texas Sriracha Anytime Sauce, was going to be a slam dunk. Filled with heat and flavor, it’s the perfect base for the marinade of these Sriracha Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese. But it’s so good, we couldn’t stop there and added it as a dipping sauce, too. A sprinkle of blue cheese, and this crew was in buffalo-flavored heaven!
Now normally Kevin is the grilling expert in our house, but these shrimp need little expertise if you follow these few simple tips for grilled shrimp perfection:
- Shrimp cook quickly, so preheat your grill to a moderate temperature, about 400-500 degrees F.
- Marinate your shrimp. This is an easy way to add a ton of flavor without a lot of work.
- Let your shrimp come to room temperature before placing on the grill. Putting shrimp on the grill right from the refrigerator makes them more difficult to cook evenly, which can easily result in tough, rubbery shrimp. Pull them out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grease your grill grates before putting the shrimp on the grill. Nothing is worse than having your jumbo shrimp stick to the grates. A quick spray of non stick cooking spray will make it so much easier to turn the shrimp.
- I was lucky enough to find gorgeous jumbo shrimp for this recipe. If you have smaller sized shrimp, make sure you use skewers or a grilling pan to cook them. No one wants to see their juicy shrimp falling though the grill grates.
These Sriracha Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese make a hearty and filling appetizer or an ideal light meal. Craving even more spicy Sriracha flavor? Keep a bowl of Stubb’s Texas Sriracha Anytime Sauce on the side for guests to dip to their hearts’ content. And trust me; they will. These shrimp are too tasty not to go back for more.
To make Shrimp: