Up your appetizer game with these simple, oven roasted Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges!
Something magical happens when you roast vegetables. Their natural sugars caramelize and even the veggies you would never consider sweet (broccoli or cauliflower, anyone?) taste almost like candy. I kid you not. Now sweet potatoes are inherently, well, sweet, so we added a bit of spice to this recipe to put a delicious spin on these super simple Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges.
If you’re a purist at heart, feel free to eat these wedges straight from the oven, but we highly recommend dipping them in a batch of our 2-ingredient Sriracha Aioli. Irresistible!
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into similar sized wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- Place two sheet pans in the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Stir to coat.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and sprinkle over potatoes. Stir to evenly coat. Place potatoes on preheated pans and bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating pans and flipping potatoes halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately.