These Spicy Ranch Pretzels are so versatile! They make great munchies for tailgating as well as delicious homemade food gifts during the holidays.
My neighbor and I exchange food gifts during the holidays every year. I tend to vary my offerings depending on what I’m excited about at that time – could be cookies or candy or even sweet breads – but my neighbor gives us the same thing each year. And that’s fine with us because her Spicy Ranch Pretzels are hugely popular with my whole crew.
I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long to recreate her recipe. These addictive little munchies are ideal for parties, are totally portable and largely mess-free. And talk about EASY! Toss a few seasonings in a bowl, stir in some oil, coat the pretzels and bake for an hour. Plus they last for weeks in a sealed container.
Yep, you’ve got a total winner with these babies.
P.S. We like our pretzels a little on the spicy side but dial the heat level up or down depending on your tastes.
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), depending on how much spice you like
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) bag mini pretzel twists
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in the oil. Pour the pretzels into the bowl being careful not to pour in the excess salt at the bottom of the bag. Gently stir pretzels to coat. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.