Put a new spin on a favorite summer treat with this recipe for S’mores Cookie Sandwiches with Roasted Marshmallows!
These S’mores Cookie Sandwiches with Roasted Marshmallows are bursting with all the goodness of a traditional s’more – graham crackers, chocolate and roasted marshmallows – in a brand new package. The buttery cookies, studded with rich dark chocolate and crushed graham crackers, are irresistible enough to eat on their own, but sandwich a gooey roasted marshmallow between two of the cookies, and you have a new and improved version of a classic summer dessert.
A couple of tips for this recipe:
- I like my all of my cookies a little bit chunky, so I pop my dough in the fridge for about an hour before baking. Colder dough spreads less, especially when you are working with an all-butter cookie like this. Cold dough also browns more evenly in the oven.
- This recipe is pretty generous. I ended up with about 40 cookies, which is great for a group of people, but the dough can also be frozen. Simply freeze tablespoons of dough so you can bake just a handful of cookies at a time and enjoy S’mores Cookie Sandwiches whenever the craving hits!
P.S. Keep your cookies uniform in size and shape with this cookie scoop! It neatly holds exactly 1 tablespoon of dough and makes quick work of scooping up pans of perfectly mounded dough.
S’mores Cookie Sandwiches with Roasted Marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) bag dark chocolate chips
- 20 large marshmallows
- Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat again until combined. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in stages and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add tablespoons of dough to the baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow cookies to set on sheets for 1-2 minutes and then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Roast marshmallows and sandwich between two cookies. Serve immediately.