Super Bowl Sunday is all about the food and the commercials, right? Ranch Chipotle Chicken Wings are a win – no matter who you are cheering for on Super Bowl Sunday.
There’s something that makes me love a food even more when it is completely socially acceptable, if not expected, for you to eat with your fingers. Who’s with me? And what football party is complete without wings? Not any that I attend.
When I saw this recipe for Ranch Chipotle Chicken Wings in my latest Food Network Magazine, I knew it wouldn’t be long before they were on our table. And let me tell you, they were every bit as good as I thought they would be. Juicy, crisp and flavorful, these wings are your sure fire ticket to a great party, not matter who is on the field. And the fact that they are baked, not fried, is just an added bonus.
When you pull these beauties out of the oven on game day, your friends will be instant fans of them (and you for sharing the goodness). Finger. Lickin’. Good. The sauce you serve with the wings is pretty much the bomb. Smoky chipotle peppers are paired with ranch seasoning gives the sauce just the right amount of heat. And when combined with a pile of these Crispy Oven Baked Ranch Chicken Wings? Well, you’re gonna have to fight me for them. And it may not be pretty. So let’s play it safe and make a double batch – Deal?
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of reserved ranch seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce (add a chopped chipotle pepper if you want more heat)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds chicken wings and drummies
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small howl and stir to combine. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the wings with 2 tablespoons of oil and all but 1 teaspoon of the ranch seasoning; stir to coat well. Spread out on greased cookie sheet and make sure wings are not touching.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Remove from oven and serve immediately with sauce.
Need some more snacks to complete your Super Bowl Spread?