Calling all prosecco fans! Kick the holiday season off in style with a Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail!
The holidays are approaching and that means it's time to break out the bubbles. Prosecco is lighter than champagne and is delicious on its own but really adds some depth when it is mixed in a cocktail. And this Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail is the perfect example.
The slightly sweet prosecco is a great match for the tart pomegranate juice. It's smooth and delicious and before you know it, your glass is empty.
Be warned. There is more to this cocktail than meets the eye. It's not just your typical juice and prosecco combination.
It has some rum and a splash of simple syrup, which means it's versatile and can easily be a happy hour cocktail as well.
But it also makes it stronger. And it can sneak up on you. So be sure to serve some snacks with it.
Prosecco vs. Champagne
Prosecco is Italy’s version of Champagne. We love to use Prosecco in our sparkling cocktails for a few reasons:
- It’s typically less expensive than Champagne making it more cost-effective when you need to buy several bottles of sparkling wine for your guests.
- Prosecco often has a lighter, fruitier flavor than Champagne and easily mixes with ingredients like fruit juices and other liquors.
Here are some of our favorite Prosecco Cocktail recipes:
We can't wait for you to try this Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail. It's gorgeous color and versatility make it perfect for entertaining day or night.
And the fact it's so delicious earns it a permanent spot on our winter cocktail menu. Simple, flavorful and festive. Cheers!
Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces pomegranate juice
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce rum
- 2 ounces prosecco
- Fill shaker with ice and add pomegranate juice, simple syrup and rum.
- Shake to combine and strain into glass.
- Add prosecco and serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.