Rich and creamy with an added crunch, this Parsley and Panko Crusted Goat Cheese Ball is great for feeding a group during the holidays.
Cheese and cracker trays can be boring, so I love to change things up and serve cheese balls when I’m having a party. This Parsley and Panko Crusted Goat Cheese Ball always disappears. I absolutely love the taste of goat cheese and could (sometimes do) eat it with a spoon. The panko crumbs give it a great little crunch and the parsley, parmesan and garlic really complement the tangy cheese. Smother it on a crostini or some bread out of the oven. It’s to die for!
Sweet or savory, cheese balls are great for entertaining because they feed a large group easily. Plus, you can make the goat cheese ball a few days (or weeks) ahead of time, throw it in the freezer and pull it out to thaw a few hours before serving. Who doesn’t like that?
Or make a double batch and pop them in the freezer for unexpected guests. This seems to happen frequently over the holidays. I love to have these Chipotle Bacon Cheese Ball and Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball on hand, too, just to add variety!
And if you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, you can simply reshape the cheese ball and serve it again the next time you have a gathering. Now that’s what I call easy holiday entertaining at its best!
- 8 oz Plain Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Dash of Worcestshire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Bread for serving
- Put goat cheese , cream cheese, Worcestshire Sauce, Parmesan Cheese and garlic in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Form into a ball and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors meld.
- Place the Panko Crumbs in a small bowl and the add the parsley and pepper to taste.
- Coat cheese ball in mixture and serve with bread, crackers or fresh vegetables.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 117 Total Fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 13g