Need an easy appetizer recipe to wow your guests? Parmesan Salsa is a fresh take on salsa that is guaranteed to disappear and have all of your friends asking for the recipe.
We have a local grocery store, Kowalski’s, that I absolutely adore. It’s small and filled with great produce, specialty products and has an awesome deli. And the people who work there are so nice, which is especially important since I’m there almost every day. Where else can you grocery shop and even pick up a last minute hostess gift or birthday present? Plus they have Parmesan Salsa. Yup, Parmesan Salsa, and this is where my obsession begins.
Parmesan Salsa is exactly what it sounds like: salsa made with cheese and lots of it. Parmesan and Asiago cheeses, to be exact. How can you go wrong with that? Add some green onions, fresh herbs, give it all a whirl in your food processor, and you are good to go. The hardest part? Waiting the four hours for the flavors to meld together. But trust me. If you try it right away after making it, you won’t be pleased with the results. It needs to sit, and is worth the wait.
Parmesan Salsa is honestly one of the easiest appetizers out there. And when you make it yourself at home, you can use it for more than just an appetizer. I’ll stir a spoonful into some fresh green beans or even swirl it into pasta and have an amazing side dish. All delightful ways to eat it, but my favorite way is slathered on a piece of crusty bread.
Forget the bread, just hand me a spoon.
- 8 ounce wedge Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounce wedge Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove rind from the cheeses and chop the cheeses into 1 inch cubes. Place the cheese is the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Pulse until mixture is the size of small pea gravel. Add the green onion, 1 cup olive oil and black pepper. If consistency is too thick, stir in more olive oil to get to desired consistency.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours before using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
More Show Stopping Appetizers
Fresh Feta Spread
Chipotle Bacon Cheese Ball