Having friends over to cheer on your favorite college hoops team? Or need a quick and family friendly dinner idea? You can’t go wrong with these crowd-pleasing Oven Baked Beef Tacos!
Everyone in my family loves tacos, so this recipe is perfect for dinner because no one complains about what we’re having. Plus it’s quick enough to pull together after a long day of work.
I also love this recipe for low key entertaining because you can easily whip up a double batch (or more) to serve a group. Simply set out an assortment of taco toppings so guests can garnish as they please.
Most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand. Penzey’s makes my favorite taco seasoning, but feel free to grab a seasoning packet from the store. The same goes for the other ingredients. Swap in refried beans in place of the black beans, experiment with other cheeses or omit the tomatoes entirely. What’s fun is you can take the same basic recipe and tweak it a bit to make it nearly new – and delicious – every time!
- 1 pound ground beef
- Taco seasoning of your choice
- 10 hard taco shells
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained VERY well
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a 3-pepper blend)
- Optional garnishes: shredded lettuce, sliced radishes, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, sliced black olives, salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook and season ground beef according to taco seasoning directions. Set aside.
- Arrange taco shells in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Divide black beans, taco meat and tomatoes evenly among shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tacos are heated through. Serve warm with optional garnishes.
Make sure your tomatoes are drained very well so extra juices don't make the taco shell bottoms soggy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 288mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 19g