Ooey, gooey and delicious, these One Bowl Candy Bar Blondies are a blank canvas just waiting for your favorite leftover Halloween candy.
What's your favorite Halloween candy?
I have several: Midnight Milky Ways, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats and Butterfingers. But even with that long list, I'm not a huge candy eater. A piece here or there is great, but after that, I'm kind of over it. My kids are the same way (I'm lucky, right?). They go crazy for the first day or two, and then they kind of forget about it....and then it sits here for months. In fact, I just found Easter basket remnants last week! So either I toss it all, send it to work with Kevin or get creative with my food. Naturally, I chose to tinker in the kitchen, and here you have these super simple One Bowl Candy Bar Blondies.
These blondies are the perfect blank canvas just waiting for your favorite candy bar. And believe me, they work with all different kinds. I made them several times when I was recipe testing, once with Butterfingers, another time with Twix and finally with Kit Kats. So generous of me, right? I'm happy to report that they work with all of them! Layers of buttery goodness with a candy bar morsel in every bite. I don't think you can go wrong with these bars! And with a short ingredient list (I bet you have everything in your pantry), and only using one bowl, they are a guaranteed winner. Halloween candy dilemma solved.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy bars, chopped (12 fun size bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter and sugar and stir until combined. Add egg and vanilla and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined. Gently stir in candy bars.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread so evenly distributed. (Batter will be thick.) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Remove from pan using the parchment paper, cut into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g