No need to heat up the kitchen with make-ahead No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars!
It’s been steamy here lately, and that means turning on the oven is pretty much the last thing I want to do. Heavy desserts are out, too, when the mercury starts to climb, but I can’t help but still crave a little something sweet after dinner.
These No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars let me have my sweets and stay cool all at the same time. Light, creamy and full of fresh strawberry flavor, these cheesecake bars are a summer go-to.
They come together in minutes, and the hardest part about them is waiting for them to chill before you can dive into them.
Follow these easy tips for making great dessert bars
- Make sure your ingredients are room temperature. Room temperature cream cheese makes the batter nice and smooth.
- Use a high-quality blender to make sure that your batter is smooth and seedless.
- Make sure your batter doesn’t have any cream cheese lumps in it before you spread it in the pan
- Pop your chocolate cookie crust in the freezer while you are making the cheesecake filling to get it to set quickly.
- Freeze the bars to get them set, but remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving otherwise they are difficult to cut.
These Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars are always a hit, but I wanted a non-chocolate version to change things up a little bit. And with all of the fresh berries available right now, strawberry seemed like an obvious choice.
Not to mention a pretty one.
The pretty pink color comes from chopped up strawberries added directly to the filling. It’s a sure-fire way to fill every bite with strawberry flavor without having to mess around with a sauce. Just add a whoosh of whipped cream and some chopped strawberries for garnish, and you are ready to go.
This easy, peasy make-ahead dessert is the perfect sweet ending to a summer bbq.
Equipment to make this dessert even easier
- We love USA Bakeware. This 8 x 8 pan is a workhorse in our kitchen.
- This precut parchment paper makes lining the pan an easy task.
- A good food processor makes cookies crumbs for the crust a no brainer.
- A high-end blender makes these bars super smooth.
- A quality hand mixer makes light and creamy cheesecake batter.
How do I make a chocolate cookie crust?
- Lining the pan is the first step. You’re going to need an overlap of parchment paper or nonstick foil to use as handles to lift the cheesecake bars out of the pan when you’re ready to cut and serve them.
- Next up is making the chocolate cookie crust. In a small bowl stir together some chocolate cookie crumbs with sugar and melted butter. Evenly press into the bottom of the prepared pan and pop it in the freezer while you make the batter. Pro Tip: I like to use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the chocolate cookie mixture into the pan to keep the crust even.
You can never have too many cheesecake bar recipes!
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars– Garnish with Lemon®
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars– Garnish with Lemon®
- Gluten-Free Cherry Almond Cheesecake Bars– Garnish with Lemon®
- Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bars– Bread Booze and Bacon
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping (or 1 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl combine cookie sandwich crumbs with melted butter. Pour the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and press with bottom of a glass until mixture is compacted. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a blender and pulse until mixture is pureed.
- Add cream cheese and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip or homemade whipped topping and stir until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese filling on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- Top each piece with fresh chopped strawberries right before serving.
Cook time = chill time.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580 Total Fat: 45g Saturated Fat: 28g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 307mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 35g Protein: 6g