No need to heat up the kitchen with make-ahead No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars!
It’s been steamy here lately, and that means turning on the oven is pretty much the last thing I want to do. Heavy desserts are out, too, when the mercury starts to climb, but I can’t help but still crave a little something sweet after dinner. These No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars let me have my sweets and stay cool all at the same time. Light, creamy and full of fresh strawberry flavor, these cheesecake bars are a summer go-t0. They come together in minutes, and the hardest part about them is waiting for them to chill before you can dive into them.
These Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars are always a hit, but I wanted a non-chocolate version to change things up a little bit. And with all of the fresh berries available right now, strawberry seemed like an obvious choice. Not to mention a pretty one. The pretty pink color comes from chopped up strawberries added directly to the filling. It’s a sure-fire way to fill every bite with strawberry flavor without having to mess around with a sauce. Just add a whoosh of whipped cream and a sliced berry for garnish, and you are ready to go.
This easy, peasy make ahead dessert is the perfect sweet ending to a summer bbq.
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, ground into crumbs in food processor
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (or 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl combine cookie sandwich crumbs with melted butter. Pour the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and press with fingers until mixture is compacted. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place cream cheese and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and mix until combined. Fold in thawed Cool Whip or homemade whipped topping and stir until combined. Add 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberries and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling on top of the crust. Scatter the sliced strawberries on top and top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Cook time = chill time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479 Total Fat: 33g Carbohydrates: 46g Protein: 4g