Keep the heat out of the kitchen with these No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars!
Sometimes the best desserts are the easiest ones.
You know the ones I’m talking about, right? Short ingredient lists and one-bowl wonders that don’t even need to go in the oven but still look and taste like they are complex and time consuming to put together? That, my friends, is my summer love language when it comes to desserts.
These No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars hit all of these important criteria. It’s got the chocolate cookie crust that my friends and family go crazy for, is topped with layers of whipped cheesecake and has chocolate cookies wedged in between it all.
These cheesecake bars are light and airy but full of flavor; kinda like a summer version of the dense baked cheesecakes we love. Best of all? They aren’t too sweet thanks to a generous scoop of tangy sour cream. The contrasting layers of cheesecake and chocolate cookie make them pretty enough to serve to company but easy enough to whip up on a Wednesday when the sweet tooth craving hits.
Each bite is full of smooth cheesecake flavor with a cookie crunch, all without having to turn the oven on. I’ll happily crank up my oven to bake a cheesecake in winter, but summer is for easy, oven-free cooking whenever possible.
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies ground into crumbs in food processor
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (or 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar)
- 2 cups mini chocolate sandwich cookies coarsely chopped, divided
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl combine cookie sandwich crumbs with melted butter until all of the butter is absorbed. Press the chocolate cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and press with fingers until mixture is compacted. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place cream cheese and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Fold in thawed Cool Whip or homemade whipped topping and stir until combined.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling on top of the crust. Scatter 1 cup of the chopped cookies over the batter and gently add the rest of the cream cheese filling over top. Scatter the remaining chopped chocolate cookies on top. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
I freeze mine to get them even to set up even more. If you want a creamier bar, refrigerate.
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen