Treat your friends and family to this quick and easy Mushroom and Goat Cheese Frittata for breakfast, brunch or “brinner”!
Whatever name you choose, this savory Mushroom and Goat Cheese Frittata is one of the best ways to serve eggs to a group of people. It’s a one-pan meal that takes minutes to prep and toss in the oven to bake.
A large cast iron skillet is ideal for this dish. It goes from stovetop to oven effortlessly. I love the bright flavors that fresh herbs bring to the dish, mainly because they are a wonderful complement to the rich, creamy goat cheese, but you can certainly use dried herbs if that’s what you have on hand. The same goes for the mushrooms. I used a combination of Oyster, Shiitake and Cremini mushrooms, but pick your favorites to customize the dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms (chanterelle, oyster, cremini, shiitake, etc), cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Choose an oven-safe skillet, 10" or 12". Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until liquid is evaporated, about 8-10 minutes. Add spinach and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Spinach should start to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, cream and herbs together in a bowl. Pour into skillet and dot goat cheese evenly over egg mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until just set in center, about 35 minutes. Remove from over and let set 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g