Looking for a simple sweet to add to your brunch menu? These Mini Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish not only taste delicious but look gorgeous on the table too!
As I have gotten older, my taste buds have definitely switched to favoring the savory instead of the sweet at breakfast. I'm one of those people who get the "everything" bagel instead of the cinnamon sugar, and not that long ago I was wondering who in the heck ate those crazy everything bagels for breakfast. Now I'm that person. This frittata is one of my favorite brunch dishes, but there are still times when I crave something a little "sweet" with my brunches, and that's where these Mini Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish come into play.
Just big enough to give you a good taste - but not too big that they are overfilling - these Mini Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish are just what your next brunch ordered. They are the perfect amount of sweet without being over the top gooey, and it's an added bonus that they are just a few bites so eating more than one is totally acceptable.
Best of all, Mini Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish are super simple to throw together. By the time your puff pastry is thawed enough to roll out, the cream cheese filling and strawberries are ready to go. And there is no wrong way to make them. I chose little squares for a bite-sized sweet addition to brunch, but feel free to make them as large as you like! Whatever size you choose, I can guarantee they will disappear.
Simple, pretty and absolutely scrumptious. Just what your brunch table needs.
Are you on Pinterest? Follow us for even more brunch ideas!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed for 15-20 minutes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 jelly roll pans with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, whipping cream and vanilla until smooth.Set aside.
- Slightly roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into 12 squares.
- Transfer the puff pastry squares to the prepared jelly roll pans. Score the edges of each pasty square with a paring knife or fork, being careful not to cut all the way through. (This step allows the pastry to get its puff along the edges.)
- Carefully spoon 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese filling in the middle of each square and top with 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam.
- Fan a couple of strawberry slices on top of filling.
- Place the egg in a small bowl and beat together with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the edges of each pastry with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g