Is it a crustless quiche or a frittata? Either way you call it these Mini Ham and Cheddar Quiches are the perfect bite to pop in your mouth for a quick and satisfying breakfast.
I haven’t made it a secret that I’m not a huge fan of leftovers. However, when I can do something with it that totally changes the way it tastes, I’m all in.
These Mini Ham and Cheddar Crustless Quiches are the perfect example. I took some of the leftover ham from this Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Ham that I shared on Monday and whipped up these little ham and cheesy bites that can do double duty as an easy breakfast, lunch or appetizer.
Did I mention they freeze well too? Music to my ears.
Another beautiful thing about these mini quiches is that they are super easy to customize to your own taste (or use up whatever you have in the fridge). Just start with the simple base recipe and swap in your favorite cheese and protein, and you are on your way to cheesy goodness. Because, cheese.
Hosting brunch? This mini quiches are a great way to feed a crowd. And it's even easy to make a few different kinds if you are feeling ambitious.
Weekend entertaining just became super simple and approachable.
Mini Ham and Cheddar Crustless Quiches
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream or half and half
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- ½ cup finely shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray mini mini muffin pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix eggs and half and half in a medium bowl until combined. Add mustard powder and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are cooked and have released most of their liquid. Add ham, garlic and scallions and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide mushroom mixture evenly among the mini muffin pans. Divide shredded cheese evenly among mini muffin pans. Pour egg mixture over top, being careful not to overfill. Top with grated parmesan cheese. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.