Your search for an impressive dessert is over. These Mascarpone Tarts with Fresh Berries are a stunning end to any meal.
In my house, these mini Mascarpone Tarts with Fresh Berries are simply known as “The Tart”. Hands down, they are the most requested dessert in my house. My kids have them on their birthdays, and it is my go-to dessert when entertaining. And really, what’s not to love about them? Mini Oreo crusts with a creamy mascarpone cheese filling and topped with fresh raspberries and blackberries. Sweet, but not too sweet, and they include fresh fruit, so they have to be sort of healthy, right?
(I know it doesn’t count, but work with me here. I’m trying to take the guilt out of the dessert, especially this time of year with all of the chocolates around the house!)
Best of all, these mini Mascarpone Tarts with Fresh Berries look like you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen. But no worries, your secret is safe with me. This would be a perfect dessert for a family valentine’s dinner. It is full of pink and purple and everyone gets their own tart, so no arguing over who gets the biggest piece. Keeping the peace is always a bonus.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8-oz) package of mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the Crust:
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together. Divide mixture equally among six mini cheesecake pans and press into bottom of pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove. Cool completely.
For the filling:
- Mix the mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla together until stiff peaks form. Divide filling equally among the cooled chocolate crusts.
For the topping:
- Clean berries and dry them on a paper towel. When they are dry, place the berries in concentric circles on top of filling.
- Melt jam in a small pan and brush over the top of the berries. Chill for at least 3 hours to set.
Looking for more baking recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!