Filled with fresh herbs and a little spice, this Marinated Goat Cheese recipe is going to be your new go-to appetizer!
Looking for a new go-to appetizer? This easy Marinated Goat Cheese recipe is for all of the cheese lovers out there. This make-ahead and flavorful appetizer is just what your next party spread needs. The only thing difficult about this appetizer? Waiting for it to marinate. After a quick whirl on the stove to infuse the herbs into the olive oil, all you need is time to create this mouthwatering snack. Simply slice the goat cheese, pour the infused oil mixture over the top and let the marinade do the heavy lifting. While you are waiting for the time to pass, prep the rest of your food. Round out your menu with some Cheesy Chipotle Roll Ups, Saucy Asian Meatballs and a veggie tray. (Wanna branch out from your typical carrots and celery? Get our tips for how to build a better veggie tray here.) Oh and don’t forget the cocktails. Batch cocktails like this Cucumber Melon Sangria are great for parties. After all, who wants to be the bartender when you can be chatting with friends? Guess what just happened? Your whole spread is done. Hours ahead of your party. When it’s go-time, simply place the cheese slices on the platter, drizzle with some of the oil, add some crostini and it’s ready. Easy entertaining at its finest.
Marinated Goat Cheese Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (2-inch x 1-inch) strip lemon rind
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) log fresh plain goat cheese
- In a small pan place herbs, garlic, lemon rind and olive oil. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes (being careful to not burn the oil). Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- While oil is cooling chill goat cheese in freezer to make it easier to slice.
- When oil mixture is cooled, place 1/2 cup in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Slice goat cheese into 1/4 inch rounds. Place goat cheese rounds on top of oil mixture in a single layer. Pour remaining oil mixture on top of cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Use slotted spoon to remove cheese to serving platter. Drizzle cheese with small amount of oil and serve with baguette, crostini or crackers. Save oil mixture for another use.