This Make your own Breakfast Taco Bar for a Crowd is a fun, easy way to serve brunch to a gaggle of guests. Perfect for any event from tailgating to team parties to holiday brunches.
I look forward to weekend brunch all week long. During the busy workweek, a piece of toast or a bowl of oatmeal is about all I can manage for a morning meal. But weekend brunch is an entirely different story.
Making a proper meal feels like a luxury that can actually be enjoyed since our schedules are a bit more relaxed. It’s especially delightful when it can be shared with friends and family.
But since no one wants to be stuck slinging pancakes for a hour, this DIY Breakfast Taco Bar is the perfect answer to brunching with a crowd. The easy, mix-and-match nature of this breakfast taco bar ensures everyone gets exactly the flavors they love.
What toppings do I need for a breakfast taco bar?
Really, the sky is the limit on this one. You can take a themed approach (think a southwestern flair with beans, salsa and seasoned taco meat), or you can simply include all the fixings for your favorite omelette.
We opted for some morning mainstays like sausage and cheese and added a few unexpected items like pickled onions and crunchy radishes.
Absolutely! We’re big fans of shortcuts around here.
- First off, prep all cut veggies and grate your cheese the night before. (We used Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese but their Aged Cheddar would work well, too). They will keep well in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. The only exception to this is avocado. Plan to slice that right before guests arrive.
- You can easily cook your meat (sausage, bacon, carnitas, etc) the night before and simply reheat in the morning.
- A tortilla warmer is an inexpensive but vital piece for keeping your tortillas soft and pliable for this Breakfast Taco Bar. We have this warmer and love it!
- Making eggs for a crowd can seem like the trickiest part to pulling off this taco bar, but our simple recipe for Oven Baked Scrambled Eggs makes quick work of that piece. It gives you all the great flavor and soft, fluffy texture of scrambled eggs on the stove but is quickly made in the oven and served family style – perfect for groups! Check out our recipe below.
What are you waiting for? Call up all your friends and make a brunch date this weekend because this Breakfast Taco Bar is a real crowd-pleaser and a delicious way to kick off the weekend.
- 12 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13" glass baking dish. Set aside.
Whisk together eggs, butter, half and half and salt in a large bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Stir well, scraping down the sides of the dish. Bake for another 5 minutes and stir again. Bake for another 2-4 minutes or until eggs look almost set. Remove from oven and stir. Don't worry if they still look a little runny; they will continue to cook from the residual heat in the baking dish. (If you prefer drier eggs, feel free to pop them back in the oven for a few more minutes.) Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 308mgSodium: 448mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g