Summer grilling season is made for burgers. Help us celebrate all things summer with these juicy Greek Lamb Burgers slathered with goat cheese and tzatziki sauce!
Summer in our house is all about grilling, after all, who wants to be hanging out in the kitchen when you could be on your deck with a cocktail in hand? Grilling is definitely a way for me to share the cooking love (as in, I prep and Kevin grills.) Good deal, huh? Actually, he loves to grill, and I am admittedly not the best griller, so we stick to what we are good at and share the work.
Let me introduce you to my latest love: Greek Lamb Burgers with Goat Cheese and Tzatziki. Oh.My.Word. Filled with lamb, goat cheese, oregano and tzatziki, these burgers are an unexpectedly tasty combination.
These Lamb Burgers with Goat Cheese and Tzatziki are also a great way to change up the grilling menu but still keep the ease of serving burgers on a bun. No ketchup or mustard needed; the goat cheese and tzatziki are all you need to make your taste buds sing. Since these are made with a ground lamb/ground beef mixture, make sure you pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Makes grilling a whole lot easier (You can thank the grill master himself for that invaluable tip!).
Now I love all kinds of burgers. From Turkey Burgers to a juicy Guinness Burger to just a plain ol’ cheeseburger. But I have to admit that right now, these Lamb Burgers with Goat Cheese and Tzatziki are stealing my heart.
But that’s not to say I can’t be tempted to try other burgers. Check out these mouth-watering options from some of our fabulously talented blogging friends across the web:
Sweet Chili and Pineapple Thai Burgers from Chocolate Moosey
Caprese Burger from Today’s Nest
Pesto Bacon Breakfast Burger from Fork Vs Spoon
Eggplant Hummus Veggie Burgers from WishfulChef
Paleo Veggie Sliders from A Clean Bake
Chickpea Sliders from Take a Megabite
Lamb Burgers with Goat Cheese and Tzatziki
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 11/2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped finely
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup prepared Tzatziki sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix ground lamb, ground beef and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Add goat cheese and oregano and gently combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal parts and form into 4 patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees and grill for 4 minutes per side (for medium burgers).
- Serve with Tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, lettuce and additional goat cheese if desired.