Entertaining doesn’t have to be stressful. Set up a DIY Martini Bar at your next party and spend time with your guests, not tending bar!
How do I set up a DIY Martini Bar?
- Create drink stations around a table. We set out the recipe, shaker, shot glasses and ingredients, just like you see in the image above. Let the guests make their own. It’s a great way to make the party interactive.
- Offer variety. We set out several different kinds of martinis to please all palates. This one is always a favorite because who doesn’t like bubbles?
- Don’t forget the ice. You will always go through more ice than you think, so make sure you have a large stash of ice on hand. Let me repeat: Never. Too. Much. Ice.
- Set out a sweet martini later in the evening. We always serve this chocolate martini at our holiday parties but wait until the tail end of the festivities to bring out the ingredients. That sip of sweet is the perfect nightcap.
- Stay hydrated. We always buy little 8-ounce bottles of water and set them out in a beverage tub on ice next to the martini bar (Remember tip number 3 about needing a lot of ice?) These little bottles are the perfect size for hydrating throughout the evening. (Please remember to drink responsibly.)
- Munchies are non-negotiable. Granted the martinis are the star of the party but don’t forget to set out some little bites for guests to snack on throughout the evening. These Parmesan Pinwheels, Greek Salad Skewers and Saucy Asian Meatballs always disappear!