Rich and filling, this Hot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip recipe is the special touch your party menu needs to be complete! Perfect for holiday entertaining!
Parties fall into many categories: casual get-togethers, formal affairs, cocktail parties and impromptu happy hours. Some involve a lot of planning and some involve none.
And sometimes you only need one heavy hitter to stand out in an appetizer spread. This Hot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip will easily be the star of any party.
What kind of crab do I use for this dip recipe?
Save the fresh stuff for a special dinner. I used canned lump crab meat and it tastes amazing!
What makes this different from other artichoke dip recipes?
Filled with rich crab, cheese and artichokes, this isn’t just your typical artichoke dip. The secret in this recipe? Fresh spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Yup, you read that right. Fresh spinach. No thawing out the frozen stuff and hoping that you squeeze enough liquid out so the dip isn’t runny. (Wait, does that only happen to me?)
Can I make this Hot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip ahead of time?
Absolutely! With this Hot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip recipe, you don’t need to worry about last minute prep. Simply sauté the spinach, mix the ingredients together and place in the refrigerator until you need it. Pull it out about 30 minutes before baking to take the chill off, then bake in the oven until warmed through.
The best part? The bright green color from the fresh spinach shines through and is a perfect balance with the rich crab. Slather on a crostini, grab a cocktail and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 -8 ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno, cored and minced
- 1 -12 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 – 4 ounce can lump crab meat
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned (dry, not packed in oil)
- 1 cup Kerrygold Savory Cheddar Shreds
- Crostini for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice and hot sauce until combined.
- Add shredded cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, green onions, artichoke hearts, chopped jalapeno, and crab meat.
- Stir to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately with crostini.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 247mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g