Think you don’t like brussels sprouts? Think again! This Hot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip recipe will quickly change your mind. Makes a great appetizer for parties!
Not everyone loves brussels sprouts, I get it. But this Hot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip is not your typical brussels sprouts recipe. Think of it more like another fan favorite – a hot spinach and artichoke dip.
Now I have your attention, don’t I?!
A quick sauté of the brussels sprouts takes the bite of their “cabbagey” flavor. These mellowed sprouts are now mixed with some of the usual suspects: mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, two kinds of cheeses and a bit of fresh lemon juice to keep the flavor bright. A quick spin in the oven brings all of the flavors together.
Serve this Hot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip with any number of dippers: fresh veggies, pita chips or toasted garlic crostini. I’m pretty sure after one gooey, cheesy bite, even naysayers will be singing the praises of brussels sprouts.
Hot Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces shredded brussels sprouts
- 4 green onions
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sprouts and green onions to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses and remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Stir in sprouts and green onions. Place mixture in a greased 1.5-quart baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.