Ribs are a perennial crowd pleaser. These Hoisin Grilled Ribs give an old favorite an Asian flavored spin that is sure to earn even more fans.
What is it about ribs? People love ‘em.Maybe it’s that fall-off-the-bone tender meat. Or the fact that it’s perfectly acceptable to eat them with your hands. Or perhaps it’s because no one frowns on keeping wet wipes at the table when you eat ribs. (Yes, Yes, and Yes!) No matter the reason, really. Ribs are great for crowds and reheat well as leftovers. What’s not to love?
You can even make the ribs in advance if you know you’ll be short on time. Cook the ribs in the slow cooker as directed (this one is my favorite because it has oven, stovetop AND slow cooker functions) and allow to cool. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve the ribs, pop them on the grill and baste them with sauce until they are nicely lacquered and heated through. Bonus: cold ribs will also hold together better on the grill.Celebrate the special dads in your life next weekend with these Hoisin Grilled Ribs. (Wet wipes are totally optional.)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Add 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger and garlic to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cut racks of ribs so they fit in the slow cooker and spoon sauce over ribs. Cook on low for 6 hours, turning ribs once halfway through. Remove ribs from slow cooker and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place one cup of liquid from slow cooker in a bowl and add remaining 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce and ketchup. Whisk to combine. Place ribs on oiled grill grates and baste with sauce. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting other side once. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 949Total Fat: 71gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1183mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 49g