These Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Muffins are just the sweet to add to your next brunch menu – delicious AND good for you!
Do these “healthy” muffins actually taste good?
I don’t love raisins. Can I substitute something else in this muffin recipe?
Can you make these Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Muffins ahead of time?
We love ALLLLL the muffins! Don’t miss some of our other favorite muffin recipes below:
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – Garnish with Lemon®
Banana Muffins – Spend with Pennies
Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – Garnish with Lemon®
Cranberry Orange Muffins – Saving Room for Dessert
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins – Garnish with Lemon®
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking or rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins (or any other dried fruit combination - cranberries, figs, dates, etc.)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Add first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Add oats and dried fruit. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just moist. Gently pour in boiling water and stir until incorporated. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a twelve-cup muffin pan. Evenly divide batter among muffin cups using a batter scoop and bake for 20 minutes. Muffins will spring back lightly when touched. Remove from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Solula 18/8 Stainless Steel Ice Cream Cupcake Muffin Scoop, 3.4 Tablespoon Cupcake Muffin Batter Dispenser, 2-YEAR Warranty
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 295mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 20g Protein: 4g