These spicy Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of our go-to weeknight meals. Quick, easy, and oh-so-flavorful!
Everyone in the family has their favorite meals. Bridget is a die-hard Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce fan, Grady would eat Ham and Egg Breakfast Pizza for any meal, at any time of day, and Pat loves pretty much anything with seafood, but he is particularly fond of Salmon with Spinach and Tomato Orzo. So whenever any of these meals is on the menu for the week, I can count on at least one happy camper around the dinner table. Rarely do I make everyone 100% happy, but recently these spicy Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps received thumbs up from the whole crew – no small feat!
I’m a fan of these lettuce wraps not only for their flavor but also for how easily they come together. The secret to this fast and healthy weeknight meal? Ground Chicken from Gold’n Plump.
Made from flavorful dark chicken meat, Gold’n Plump Ground Chicken has 55% less fat than ground beef, making it ideal for tacos, pasta sauce, soups and – wait for it – lettuce wraps. Convenient 1-pound packages make it even easier to whip up dinner on the fly.
You’ll find the typical Asian flavors in these wraps: garlic, ginger, soy and hoisin sauces and a bit of peppery bite from Sriracha. Dial it up or down according to your family’s preferences. The rice can be optional, but we like the bulk it adds to the meal.
Now if only I could elicit the same excitement for dinner when I serve kale…
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound Gold'n Plump Ground Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 4 - 5 chopped green onions
- Bibb lettuce
- chopped peanuts, optional
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice, optional (about 3/4 cup dry rice)
- Combine first 5 ingredients (ginger through Sriracha) in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and ground chicken. Break up with a wooden spoon or spatula and cook until no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Return chicken to pan and add mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms start to soften. Add carrots, water chestnuts and green onions and cook for another minute. Stir in ginger sauce and heat until warmed through.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, rice and peanuts, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1026mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 33g