Enjoy summer’s bountiful produce with this colorful Grilled Vegetable and Kale Salad.
It’s inevitable that whenever I go to a farmer’s market that I walk away with waaaaay more produce than we need. I can’t seem to help myself; all of those bright colors and inviting textures are just too appealing to me! I may have a few recipes in mind when I go shopping, but at the end of the week, there are usually a handful of random vegetables left sitting in the fridge. Fortunately, this simple Grilled Vegetable and Kale Salad is an ideal use for that hodgepodge of veggies you may have lingering in your crisper drawer, too.
No one feels like heating up the kitchen during the summer, so the grill is our go-to method of cooking this time of year. Meaning, if it can’t be grilled or served cold or at room temperature, then it won’t be eaten. This Grilled Vegetable and Kale Salad fully fits those requirements. Warm grilled vegetables are tossed with Earthbound Farm’s Kale Italia salad, a mix of baby kale, arugula, radicchio and mizuna, then drizzled with a savory White Balsamic Vinaigrette. Vibrant colors, robust flavors, quick and easy preparation…simply put, this salad is fresh summer eating at its best!
P.S. Grab a coupon from Earthbound Farm and try their new Kale Italia blend of greens for yourself!
White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8-9 cups roughly chopped vegetables (I used zucchini, yellow summer squash, mushrooms and bell peppers)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces Earthbound Farm Kale Italia greens mix (I used about 1/2 of the carton)
To make the vinaigrette:
- Place all ingredients in a small mason jar. Secure lid and shake vigorously until emulsified.
To make the salad:
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss vegetables to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables on grill pan. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked to desired tenderness, turning occasionally.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Top with warm vegetables and toss. Drizzle with desired amound of dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1157.71 Total Fat: 122.41g Carbohydrates: 17.31g Protein: 0.37g
This conversation is sponsored by Earthbound Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.