The last day of school is Friday. What better way to kick off summer than with these Grilled Strawberry Nutella Quesadillas!
As a work at home mom, the prospect of summer vacation is bittersweet. I couldn’t be happier to have a few months off of trying to coerce my kids from their warm beds before the crack of dawn. Not to mention a free pass from hounding them about homework and packing their lunches. In fact, some of my favorite moments of the season are the leisurely nights in the backyard where we lose track of time completely. No bedtimes and no deadlines.
But I’m also terrified. Because the kids are HOME. And I still have to WORK! The prospect of balancing it all is daunting. I don’t expect to be perfect, but I definitely need to up my game this summer as last year wasn’t great for anyone.
Fortunately, it’s been my experience that chocolate can cure nearly every ill. So I made you some (well, actually I made ME some, but I’m willing to share) Grilled Strawberry Nutella Quesadillas.
A slather of chocolate-hazelnut spread on freshly grilled tortillas and a sprinkling of ruby red strawberries is all it takes to whip up a last minute dessert or snack for your hungry crew. Add a whoosh of whipped cream on top if you’re feeling fancy. Or just dive right in.
Work-life balance may not be easy, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have dessert. Every day. Especially when it is as simple as these Grilled Strawberry Nutella Quesadillas.
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grates and place flour tortillas on grill. Heat for 2-3 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill.
- Spread one tortilla with desired amount of Nutella and top with strawberries. Top with another grilled tortilla and cut into 6 pieces. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with whipped cream, if desired, and serve immediately.