Seven ingredients! That’s all you need to get a fresh, flavorful dinner on the table fast this summer with this recipe for Grilled Italian Bread Salad with Tomato Basil Chicken.
As the weather warms, I lose all desire to cook. My cravings turn to simply prepared foods that can be pulled together in advance or require minimal effort at mealtime. Basically, this means if we can’t grill it, we don’t eat it. ? No one wants to heat up the house with the oven when it’s already 80+ degrees outside, which is why I love this recipe for Grilled Italian Bread Salad with Tomato Basil Chicken. A few minutes of chopping while the grill heats up yields a tasty seasonal dinner that can be on the table in roughly 30 minutes. Plus clean up is minimal. Love that!
This salad is basically a shortcut twist on a traditional Panzanella salad with the protein-rich addition of Tomato Basil chicken. Gold’n Plump®’s Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets do the heavy lifting flavor-wise in this recipe and make the salad come together quickly. Their pre-seasoned chicken breasts are juicy, tender and packed full of flavor. Plus, they are individually wrapped which makes pulling one or four out of the freezer just as easy.
You can make your own balsamic vinaigrette for this recipe or pick up your favorite bottle from the store to make prep even simpler. Don’t forget to grab a handful of fragrant basil to sprinkle on top for that “fresh from the garden” flavor.
Eating seasonally is simple, even on a weeknight, if you know a few easy shortcuts like using Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets from Gold’n Plump®. This Grilled Italian Bread Salad with Tomato Basil Chicken can be on the table in about 30 minutes, which gives you more time to enjoy summer.
- 1 baguette, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 24 large grape tomatoes
- 4 (6-ounce) Gold'n Plump® Tomato Basil Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Fillets, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Thread bread onto skewers. Toss red onion pieces and tomatoes with remaining oil and thread onto skewers. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Grease grill grates and place skewers on grill. Cook bread until toasted, about 2-3 minutes, turning once. Cook tomatoes until lightly charred, about 3-4 minutes, turning once. Cook onion about 4-5 minutes, turning once. Cook chicken 6-9 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Allow food to cool slightly and remove from skewers into a large bowl. Gently toss with 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or up to a 1/2 cup if desired) and let salad sit for 5 minutes to let the bread soak in the vinaigrette and soften slightly. Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 404 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 685mg Carbohydrates: 48g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 19g
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Gold’n Plump®. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the companies that make Garnish with Lemon possible.