Who can resist the crunchy streusel topping on this delicious Gluten-Free Cranberry Nut Coffee Cake? A great make ahead recipe to add to your brunch menu.
All thoughts are starting to turn to food with the holidays just around the corner, and we have a fantastic make ahead recipe to add to your brunch files for your overnight guests. This gorgeous Gluten-Free Cranberry Nut Coffee Cake is the latest in a series of posts highlighting delicious gluten-free recipes made with Pamela’s® Products that are perfect for entertaining. (Don’t miss our earlier posts featuring Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Monkey Bread and Gluten-Free Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars!)
Tart fresh cranberries are like little ruby jewels in this coffee cake made with a combination of Pamela’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour and her new Gluten-Free Nut Flour Blend. The result is a moist cake with a great crumb that you’d never guess is gluten-free – perfect for guests with restricted diets as well as those without.
Of course, every respectable coffee cake must have a streusel topping. When you are mixing it up, you may think the cinnamon almond streusel topping is a bit too generous for the size of the pan. Trust me when I say load it on. I mean, has anyone ever complained about too much streusel?? (Hint: the answer is no.)
I get it; you may not want to even start thinking about the upcoming holiday chaos just yet. That’s OK. Just bookmark or pin this recipe for later and make planning your holiday brunch menus a snap.
- 1 cup Pamela's® Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pamela's® Grain and Gluten-Free Nut Flour Blend
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Pamela's® Grain and Gluten-Free Nut Flour Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment so two sides overlap edges of pan and lightly grease with cooking spray.
To make the cake:
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
To make the streusel:
- Whisk together brown sugar, nut flour, cinnamon and almonds in a small bowl. Gently stir in softened butter until combined. (Mixture will look like clumps). Sprinkle on top of cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered and covered with foil for another 20-30 minutes. Cake will be done when a a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then lift onto cooling rack using overlapping parchment to cool entirely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175 Total Fat: 17g Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 2g
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pamela’s® Products. All opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the companies that make Garnish with Lemon possible.